Pinoy Top Blogs is Changing Hands

After several months of negotiations, I have finally agreed to sell the Pinoy Top Blogs project. It’s a decision that was very hard to make but I figured that the future of the project will be more secured with the new owners.

Several thins prompted me to move into making this decision and I’d like to share that with all bloggers who are involved and been part of the project in the last 2 years.

  • I have encountered, on numerous occasion, problems with the server. It was mostly a scaling issue as more and more bloggers join the site, server capacity is also affected. I’ve also indefinitely suspended the service in the past due to this recurring problem.
  • I could no longer manage the site and have found less time to review submissions, monitor violating sites and suspending them as well as checking for daily spam comments. I’m way too far behind the backlogs.
  • The software I used to run the site (evoTopsites) has not been updated for about 2 years now.
  • I’ve been spending a considerable amount of my personal money to continue running the project. The site has been bleeding close to $200 per month for a year now and has not generated any revenue at all (well, if you can call a few dollars from AdSense enough revenue).

It also made it easier for me because the new owners, Enthropia Philippines, was also the sister company of the developers behind evoTopSites, BlogFlux and iBegin. They know the system very well and can fast-track it’s re-development. I am confident that they’d be able to continue running the system in top shape. They were also the ones who donated the current domain/s to me after I transferred it from this site to its own domain.

For the existing users, rest assured that all private information stored in the system will be guarded by the new owners. An email will be sent to everyone to inform them of this change and will allow them ample time to opt out of this if they want to.

On a personal note, this is my very first sale of an online real estate and I really didn’t know how to go about it. The sale price is still undisclosed unless Enthropia is willing to disclose it.

Oh!!! I've been into this system 2 years now... I think I registered on this blogging community few months since this system started and now it will be handed to another person. Anyway, this is for the good continuation of the project that Abe needs to hand it over to a new owner and I think we are in good hands. So, more power to Pinoy Top Blogs Bloggers.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mykiss' Time wasters and funny blogs and websites collections

Circumcision May Not Impact Sexual Sensation

1001 Books You Have to Read Before You Die