Iligan, City of Waterfalls

Maria Cristina Falls, Tinago Falls and Dodiongan Falls


I’m here at the City of Waterfalls, Iligan City. Located at the northwestern coast of Mindanao facing Iligan Bay. It is centrally located in the Visayas-Mindanao domestic market and proximate to the BIMP East AEAN Growth Area. A major component of the Cagayan-Iligan Corridor, the fastest growing regional growth center in Mindanao and one of the priority investment areas in the Philippines. It is the home of the country's steel industry and Mindanao's electric power source.

Just arrived yesterday from Cagayan de Oro for a Family Day Outing of my sister’s company, where she works. It’s a 1.5 to 2 hours travel from Cagayan de Oro by Bus. While on the way going here, I enjoyed the scenic view of the beaches and mountains of western Misamis Oriental. We pass several Municipalities of Misamis Oriental from Opol to Lugait.

This is my second time visiting this place; the first time was in my freshmen year in High School, a field trip. It is very different then and now everything is in progress, it’s pretty much like Cagayan de Oro, 3 or 5 years before in terms of amenities and other recreations and facilities, like their transportation means. Their taxis are the old model type and PU were still operating and their jeepneys are not the typical jeepneys we see in Cagayan de Oro and other cities but what I really like here is the horse carriage which they still use for their means of transportation. I really want to ride on it but unfortunately I didn’t have the time to experienced it because its route were limited within the city proper and my time to spend in this city is also limited for I have works the following day. I also didn’t have the opportunity to glance and visit again the famous Maria Cristina falls.

For the meantime, I will enjoy this day, we’ll be going at Villa Lacida, Linamon, Lanao del Norte the place where the Family Day Outing be held. I am sure they will serve lots of foods and the beach will surely take away the summer heat I feel today.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mykiss' Time wasters and funny blogs and websites collections

Circumcision May Not Impact Sexual Sensation

1001 Books You Have to Read Before You Die